Sunday, March 1, 2015

Prudence: It's a Family Name



Happy Preparation Day everyone!


Another week down in Del Valle and here's how it went!


Highlights:

-While eating with a member, a few of her family members whom we had never met were visiting. One of them asked where we were from and I asked, "Well, where do I look like I'm from?"
"Mmm, say something."
"What would you like me to say?"
"You're from Argentina."
"No."
"England?"
Thing is, my accent doesn't sound anything like an Argentine or an English person. Crazy guy. 

-While we were walking from one lesson to another our district leader randomly called us and said, "Sisters, I just got the revelation that before the end of the day you need to contact four guys with beards." And then he hung up. Right after this we ran into an investigator who is basically an unbaptized member (we're working on that, don't you worry) and we told him about the phone call. Just before we moved on I said, "Ok hermano, we gotta go. We're going to go look for men with beards." Add that to the list of things I never thought I would say. 


-The graffiti is different here. I like it :)
http://mail.outdrs.net/Download.aspx?fid=51224&MsgID=B0149591850.MSG&ID=80051

-There are fun houses here. Like houses where there are no gates, just wooden boards and no entrance.


http://mail.outdrs.net/Download.aspx?fid=51224&MsgID=B0149591850.MSG&ID=80050


-The elders in my ward have an investigator named Gloria de Jesus. In English her name means Glory of Jesus. It's a very different culture here.


-Sometimes missionaries like to mess with each other. And sometimes we talk about what our real names are with our district leader (don't worry, we can know each other’s names, we just can’t call each other by them). And sometimes it's fun to mess with district leaders. So I told him that my name is Prudence. And he believed me. I first made a real big deal of it, saying things like, "But if I tell you you'll make fun of me," and he promised he wouldn’t. So I told him, and he took it really well and even asked where the name came from. While silently laughing my head off, I said "I dunno, probably England." Don't worry. I told him the truth the next day, and he said, "Oh that's good, because that name is just awful."


-I went to Wal Mart today! I haven't been since April last year. It was weird because on the one hand I was all missionary-like and thinking, "Wow, so many material things. I just want to leave." On the other hand I was thinking, "This feels like home. I don’t want to leave."
 


Big news! The movie Meet the Mormons is coming to Mexico! We got to see it this week so that we could explain it to people and so that we could really appreciate how wonderful it is. If you haven't seen it, well, in a word … GO! It's a beautiful movie. You'll feel all warm and fuzzy afterwards.


Love you all!!


Hermana Anderson

No comments:

Post a Comment