Wednesday, October 21, 2015

A Missionary's Final Testimony

Well … this is odd. I don't know what to say. I'll just make something up, I guess, and hope it all comes out in English.

The time has come to write my very last email from Mexico as a full time missionary, since next Monday will be busy with traveling, packing, and other fun things of that nature.

If I'd thought ahead I would have taken some cool, tribute-to-my-mission-in-Mexico photos to include (probably with a mustache or something) but I didn't. But … I still have a whole 'nother week for that.

Before I left home I chose the Romans 8:35,37-39 as my mission scripture. It reads:

Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or peril, or sword?...
Nay, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him that loved us.
For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come,
Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

In my mission I have seen, felt, and come to know that this is true. So many times I have felt or thought that something had separated me from the love of God, but upon closer inspection of my life I found that my Father in Heaven was so much closer – and so much more aware of me – than I ever thought possible. Many things He hasn't shown me until recently, some things He won't show me until later. But I know that everything that I have lived and gone through here as a full-time missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints has been for my benefit, that it has helped me grow and become a better woman. So very, very far from perfect, but so much better than I was.

I testify of my Savior, Jesus Christ, who has helped me every step of the way, whether I deserved it or not, and who is my hope and my faith for the future that is to come. I testify of the prophets, ancient and modern, who have been called to guide us back home.

I can honestly say that I have not loved every moment, but I have loved my mission.

I love you all. Be good, play nice, and trust God.

I'll see you soon!


Hermana Dallyn Marie Anderson

No comments:

Post a Comment