Sunday, May 3, 2015

Dos por Uno

Hello! Sorry about last week. Time gets short here in the cyber cafe. So this week it's a two for one – dos por uno.

Last week:
-Our landlady, who lives below us, went out of town for a few days, so she gave us some Greek yogurt so it wouldn't spoil. While eating it, my companion noticed that it was fat free, which made her sad. Later, while we were talking about an investigator who is ready but just won't accept baptism yet, to make her feel better I told her, "Don't worry, Hermana; if he doesn’t get baptized, I'll buy you yogurt with fat in it." :)

-While doing a street contact and introducing ourselves, the man we were talking to interrupted us and said "Oh, you guys are the Moronis!" Mm, no. That was his son. Que vergüenza (how embarrassing).

-Someone told me that at one point they were invited to go to Utah, California. As in, Utah is a city in Cali. I am still convinced that the majority of this country thinks that California makes up the entire U.S.

-Hermana Kindt, like many others, says that I look like Emma Watson. So she likes to just randomly call me Emma. And if I don't respond there is a stream of "Emma, emma, emma, emma."

This week:
-The son and nephews of some of the investigators are about seven years old and really like English, and always ask me how to say different things. The other day Fernando asked me how to say "guapo" in English. When I told him he ran away yelling "Soy handsome! Soy handsome!"

-After singing "Families Can Be Together Forever," our investigator told us that is was beautiful … so beautiful that is was just like a princess song.

-Well, The Avengers comes out this week. I don't know this from disobedience, but from the fact that there are posters and propaganda slathered on every store here to the degree that I just have no way to escape from it. So, rules are that no one can tell me anything about it, because I am working really hard to forget that it is happening.

-I had a first this week! I contacted someone in English!! While heading out to the boonies of Obregon for our lunch (we eat with members midday, instead of for dinner) the bus broke down, with lots of smoke, so we all had to get out. While standing there waiting for another bus to come rescue us, a woman came over and started to talk to us and asked if I knew English. She was super happy when said yes. We got to talking and of course we talked about being missionaries. While we waited for the bus and then climbed up and went to our stop, I got to talk to her and testify of some of the simple truths of the gospel. The thing that surprised me the most is that I could actually speak English. Normally when I try to talk gospely things in English, it turns out a jumbled mess. But not this time. It was really cool to feel the spirit work and testify through me, even though it was not a very calm environment.

-People keep telling me that I have gotten super sunburned, or rather, tan. But I don't think so. 


-Also, the other week, I found the coolest abarrotes, or corner store, here in Obregon. There's no place like home. (See the same photo)

Aaaaaannndddd! A shout out to my bestie, BreeAnna!! She got married on Saturday! No, I couldn't be there, but I am nevertheless oh-so-very-happy for her and Kyle.

Love you all!! Until next week.


Hermana Anderson

No comments:

Post a Comment