Saturday, February 14, 2015

No Title


Hellloooo.

I have nothing clever to say right now. So … highlights. Readygo.

Highlights:

-Something I never thought I would do: Sweep the ceiling. Parts of it keep falling on my bed so I moved the bed swept it to just make it stop.

-Fun things to try and do: Explain what a mission president is to a six-year old nonmember. I went with, "The guy that's in charge of us." To which she said, "Oh, you mean Jesus." Ok yeah; technically He is in charge of us.

-I was talking with my district leader, Elder Wight, about learning Spanish. Before coming here he worked as a mission secretary. He told me that my Spanish is more or less famous, and that "hasta las oficinas," they talk about my Spanish. Let me just tell you that it was weird to feel all humbled like, "whoa, people talk about me? Who am I to be talked about?" but also feel my head growing really big at the same time.

-One of the funniest things that has happened on my mission happened this week. As we were getting ready for church there was a knock on the door. I opened it to see, well, …missionaries. Jehovah's Witnesses, to be more exact. They were really nice, even when I told them that we, too, were missionaries. And then we exchanged pamphlets and websites. Then I closed the door and couldn't help but laugh.

-Last summer I got an email from a gal who had also received her mission call to Obregon. She found me through my blog and asked me lots of questions about the mission and things to do to get ready and it was really very neat. Well, she got here in November (oddly enough, in the same district as Sochiloa, just one ward over), but last week she moved down here for special transfers! So, at long last, we got to meet each other! ‘Twas super cool, to say the least.


 

-We had stake conference this weekend, and an Area Seventy, Elder Ortiz, came and spoke to us and talked a lot about the family and how to strengthen it. He was talking about how husbands (and wives) should find what their spouse likes and make an effort to get it for them to do something special. Then he said "Why do women, all women, always want roses and chocolate? Roses and chocolate. Why don't they ever want cucumbers!?" We were all dying. So, on Valentine’s Day, if you really don't know what to get for your girl, maybe try a cucumber. (That's a joke don't do that.)

Well, one more week left in the transfer, so we're going to give it our all and see where I end up next week. Sometimes I feel like I'll be here another six weeks, but I've also gotten some feelings like I'll be leaving. But we'll see in less than a week!

Love you all! Have a terrific week!!

Hna Anderson

No comments:

Post a Comment