Sunday, October 19, 2014

Since Yesterday Everything Has Changed


October 13, 2014

 

Wow. OK, remember how I told you it was transfers? Well in Spanish, we call them cambios, which literally translated means 'changes.' Well, President told us, more than once, we're not going to have a lot of changes this transfer. 

 

Ha.

Ha.

And more ha.  

Nearly everything changed!

I might be developing some trust issues here …


So, I am now the only remaining missionary in Sochiloa from before. Elder Bloxham has finished his mission (hats off to an excellent missionary and friend), Elder Miranda is going to a pueblito in Sinaloa (the other state that's in our mission), and Hermana Mendez is hopping the borderline into the neighboring zone. I honestly feel like I lost three siblings. We cried – even the elders, even a little bit in front of us. Yesterday Hna Mendez said that it felt like a great band was breaking up, or Los Chicos del Barrio (in English, that's the name of the TV series, the Kids Next Door). Never did I expect to be so sad to see people leave that I have known for so short a time. But with everything we've been through here in Sochiloa, I can't help but love them all. And I miss them already :'(



 

So, I will now be helping not one, but three missionaries learn the area. And, oh! Fun news! I'm a stepmom! (That means that I'm training.) AH! And guess what the zone leaders didn’t tell me yesterday when they called us. That I would be training. Sheesh.


But here she is! 

 

Twenty years old and from Peru, I will be helping Hermana Gonzales to finish her training as a missionary. I will also be leading our area, helping the elders with theirs, helping the ward, trying to find new investigators, trying to help the recent converts gain a pure testimony and prepare for the temple, trying to forget all of my weaknesses and trust that everything will be ok, and all while being a happy, knowledgeable representative of Christ. Stress levels rising ... At least I'm not an STL and I don't have to teach anyone Spanish ... Ni modos, this will most definitely be a growing transfer in a very big way.

 

Highlights (apart from transfers that is):


-The moon has been super cool this past week, just a really big ball of orange and wonderful to look at. A true Harvest Moon and I love it!

-Music continues to be a weak point for me. On our hardest day this week, our Relief Society President gave us a ride as she accompanied us to do a visit, and on her radio was playing "Come With Me Now" by the Kongos. I love that song and it makes me think of my mom, because she also loves it and sings it with passion.

-I am becoming Mexican. I made spaghetti for dinner, and for sauce we only had this boxed (not canned, boxed) tomato sauce that tastes like Chef Boyardee. So I added salsa to it. Fairly normal. But then once it was ready, I added hot sauce and lime juice. And dear goodness was I content :)

-While doing service this week, raking and sweeping, I saw Hna Mendez walking to the other side of the yard wielding the 12-foot pole that is used to cut mangos from the really high branches. When I asked her what she was doing she just very calmly said "What? There's a spider." I laughed until I cried.

 

Alrighty, I think that's it for now,
 

Love you all!

Hermana Anderson

No comments:

Post a Comment